General information regarding winter semester 2020/21
The following applies to the winter semester 2020/21:
- The lecture period of the Winter Semester 2020/21 starts on 02.11.2020.
- Orientation Week for first semester students:
All first semester students will begin their studies on the 2nd November 2020 with the Orientation Week. It is obligatory for all first semester students to attend in person the Orientation Week. Therefore, please arrive in good time before the 2nd November 2020 at FIT (see below). For details klick here:
- Please also notel Important information WS 2020/21
- Lectures and classes during the Winter Semester 2020/21:
During the Winter Semester 2020/21 hybrid teaching i.e. a mixture of face-to-face and online lectures, classes etc. will take place. Therefore, all students are required to be present on campus in Hermannsburg for all lecture and class days.
In the event of the Corona pandemic worsening, resulting in the implementation of more restrictive infection protection measures, it is reserved to temporarily conduct all courses online. Therefore, all students are strongly advised to bring a personal laptop or PC with them. A smartphone is technically not sufficient for participation in online lectures and classes. Students‘ laptops or PCs should be equipped with the latest technology and software. FIT students will be given free access to the necessary programmes and applications.
- The FIT tries to keep the disadvantages for the students as low as possible. This applies to a possible cancellation of courses as well as to the cancellation of examination dates.
- Current information regarding courses and exams in the winter semester 2020 will be announced on the FIT homepage, in office 365 and via emails to the student addresses (FIT account). Information and instructions regarding the repetition of examinations will be given to the students concerned by email in due course.
- Students are responsible for keeping up to date on changes and new developments via FIT Homepage, Office 365, and emails on their FIT account.