1. General information regarding studies
Following the urgent recommendation of the Ministry of Science and Culture of Lower Saxony (MWK), the Rectorate of FIT Hermannsburg has decided:
- The Start of Lectures in Summer Semester 2020 was postponed from April 14th 2020 to April 20th 2020. As a result, all courses on Campus of FIT scheduled until April 19, 2020, including the block seminars planned for the beginning of April 2020, had to be cancelled.
- The following applies for the period from 20.04.2020:
Until further notice, teaching in classroom form is suspended. NO PRESENCE EVENTS such as lectures or seminars are offered ON FIT PREMISES. Instead, all courses are held digitally (Online Teaching via MA Teams). For futher information, please see below, point 2.
- At present it is not possible to predict, on which date and to what extent teaching can be resumed on campus again. You will be notified as soon as it is clear from what date classroom teaching at FIT will begin again.
- The FIT tries to keep the disadvantages for the students as low as possible. This applies to the cancellation of courses as well as to the cancellation of examination dates. Corresponding offers are currently being developed and will be communicated as soon as reliable planning is possible.
- Information regarding courses and exams in the summer semester 2020 will be announced on the FIT homepage, in office 365 and via emails to the student addresses (FIT account). Information and instructions regarding the repetition of examinations scheduled for the beginning of April 2020 will be given to the students concerned by email in due course.
- Students are responsible for keeping up to date on changes and new developments via FIT Homepage, Office 365, and emails on their FIT account.
- No access to the public buildings on campus:
According to the general disposition of the administrative district Celle, all public areas of the FIT (administration building [house 1], the teaching building) are closed to the public.
- For the possibilities of using the FIT library, please check here: Library
- Contact to / Service of FIT Staff:
Until further notice, FIT Staff will not be available in their offices during the otherwise valid opening hours - but we are still there for you. Contact via e-mail and telephone will be maintained as far as possible.
- In case of questions, worries, urgent concerns or health problems, please contact the student secretariat or the university management via e-mail or by telephone. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Please, understand that due to the current situation not all inquiries can be processed immediately and to the usual extent.
- Return to FIT Campus:
Please do not plan your journey to FIT until you have been informed by what date the attendance courses can be started in the summer semester.
Important for our planning: Please inform the student secretariat as soon as possible by phone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) where you are staying now and when you intend to return to to FIT.
For further important information regarding your return to FIT Campus please see below, point 6 and 7.
- Wearing of mouth-nose masks:
From 27 April 2020, it is compulsory to all users of public transport (buses, trains and taxis) and all customers of shops to wear a mouth-nose mask. For details please see below, point 4.
- The lecture period of the Winter Semester 2020/21 starts on 02.11.2020.